Best Baby Lotion in India | Best Whitening Lotion for babies in India | Best Baby Lotion for Dry Skin in India | Best Baby Lotion for Summer in India
Keeping your newborn baby’s skin moisturized and clean is every parent’s top priority. As you’re aware, babies have delicate and sensitive skin, which makes them prone to rashes, itching and dry skin. To overcome this problem, your baby needs a good body lotion, which hydrates, protects and moisturizes the skin.
Using the correct baby lotion can make the baby’s skin soft and healthy. But, finding the best baby lotion in India can be tricky as there are plenty of options in the market. A good baby lotion must be safe for sensitive skin, without harsh chemicals and easy to use.
Hence, we’ve compiled a list of the best baby lotions in India, which are readily available on online platforms and at your next-door pharmacy stores.
18 Best Baby Lotion in India
Sebamed, a German company that makes personal care products, has also established a solid customer base in India. Sebamed’s high-quality products have been a source of pride for its customers for over 60 years.
The Sebamed baby lotion has a pH of 5.5, making it safe even for newborn babies and keeping skin hydration at optimum level. This gentle emollient, rich in chamomile, protects skin from drying out while soothing any skin irritations.
The Sebamed baby lotion contains Allantoin and Chamomile Recutita, which help soothe the baby’s skin and keep it soft for the entire day.
- It contains allantoin and chamomile extracts
- Non-stick lotion
- Balanced pH
Himalaya baby lotion comes with the goodness of olive oil and almond oil. While the antioxidant properties of olive oil protect & nourish the baby’s skin, the almond oil moisturizes the skin and keeps it smooth and supple.
Additionally, the Himalaya baby lotion is infused with herbs such as Khus, which is known for its cooling properties and prevents skin chafing. This fast-absorbing, non-sticky cream has been clinically tested, does not contain any parabens, synthetic colour, or mineral oil, and is safe for baby’s skin.
- Made from herbal extract
- Free from harmful chemicals and parabens
- It contains the goodness of olive and almond oil
Cetaphil baby lotion is a great choice for newborn babies as it contains glycerine, soybean oil, sunflower oil, and shea butter. Cetaphil baby lotion is dermatologically tested and is recommended by a leading Pediatricians due to its hypoallergic properties, balanced pH levels and natural ingredients.
This lotion soothes, softens and improves the baby’s skin texture and protects the infant’s skin against dryness & moisture loss. The non-greasy and nourishing formula will keep the baby’s skin hydrated for more than 24 hours, making it one of the best baby body lotion in India.
- Made from a non-greasy nourishing formula
- Dermatologically tested
- Balanced pH
- Pump bottle to minimize leakage
- Slightly runny consistency
Also Read: Disadvantages of Ragi for babies
Johnson and Johnson (J&J) are known for their baby products. The Johnson’s baby lotion contains coconut oil and is gentle on the baby’s skin as it locks the moisture to ensure long-lasting hydration and protects against dryness. This non-sticky moisturizer absorbs quickly, and the skin stays healthy and soft for the entire day.
The Johnson’s baby lotion is free of parabens, sulfates and dyes and has a mild fragrance, making it ideal to use after a bath. Moreover, due to its hypoallergic properties, baby lotion is recommended by Pediatricianss across the globe.
- It contains coconut oil
- Mild and Gentle
- Free of parabens, sulfates and dyes
This Baby Dove nourishing baby lotion helps replenish lost moisture and keeps the baby’s skin hydrated all day. This baby lotion has been formulated with delicate baby skin in mind and is mild and hypoallergenic.
Baby Dove nourishing baby lotion is pH neutral and can be used on sensitive skin. Furthermore, this baby lotion is dermatologically and Pediatricians tested, so you can feel safe knowing your baby’s skin is getting the extra special care it deserves.
- Balanced pH
- The dermatologist and Pediatricians approved
- Keeps baby’s skin hydrated throughout the day
- Extremely greasy
Mamaearth’s moisturizing lotion uses the benefits of shea butter, cocoa butter, and other natural ingredients to nourish and moisturize babies’ sensitive skin effectively. The lotion contains Jojoba oil, which makes the skin soft and supple.
The Mamaearth baby lotion contains vitamin E and aloe vera, which protects the skin from sunburn, while Calendula oil soothes skin irritations. Dermatologists have tested this emollient and found it free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oils, and fragrances.
- Asia’s first MadeSafe certified brand
- Made from the safest ingredients
- Free of chemicals, parabens and mineral oil
- Tested in European Union
If you’re looking for the best baby lotion for dry skin in India, don’t look further because Mother Sparsh baby lotion prevents skin from drying out and moisturizes, protects & soothes baby’s sensitive skin.
Mother Sparsh baby lotion is infused with plant-based essential oils & herbs, which hydrates the skin from within. This helps lock in moisture, keeping your baby’s skin soft and smooth. Additionally, the baby lotion comes with the goodness of shea butter, coconut oil and avocado oil, which helps strengthen the skin.
- Made from organic shea butter, Avocado & Coconut Oil
- Extremely effective on dry skin
- Free from SLS/SLES, harmful chemicals & parabens
- Non-sticky formula
Aveeno baby lotion is an excellent choice if your baby has dry skin; it contains oatmeal which normalizes pH levels and glycerine which deeply moisturizes the skin. Aveeno has a fast absorbency and steroid free and is excellent for children with chafed or acne-prone skin.
Aveeno baby lotion comes in vanilla and lavender fragrance, which can be used after bath, diaper change or before sleep. This safe formula has been recommended by Pediatricianss and is free from parabens, chemicals, and phthalates.
- pH neutral
- Natural ingredients
- Non-greasy formula
The next on the list of best baby body lotion in India is the CeraVe baby lotion. It is one of few baby lotions on the market that is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free. It is excellent for babies with dry skin or eczema.
CeraVe Baby lotion is a lightweight, non-stick emollient that can repair skin and maintain a baby’s protective skin barrier, thus making it one of the Top Baby Lotions in India in 2022.
- Great for sensitive skin and eczema
- Non-sticky lotion
- Repairs skin extremely well
- Not organic
Chicco is a well-known brand in baby products. This lotion is non-greasy and contains natural ingredients like Vitamin E, Murumuru butter, almond milk, and glycerine, which hold moisture and prevent skin dryness.
Chicco baby lotion is fast absorbed by the skin and doesn’t clog pores. This baby lotion is dermatologically tested and doesn’t contain parabens, mineral oils, alcohol or dyes.
- It contains natural ingredients
- Free of synthetic fragrance
Mothercare baby lotion contains olive oil and chamomile extracts, which have a soothing effect and keeps dryness away. The lotion works as a protective skin barrier to stabilize the baby’s temperature and acts as a natural heat and cold barrier.
The skin is not left sticky by this non-greasy emollient. It has been dermatologically tested and is safe for babies.
- Dermatologically tested
- Alcohol content
Very few lotions can protect against the sun’s harmful rays. Neutrogena baby lotion is one of the most effective and best baby lotion for summer in India as it comes with SPF 50 protection.
It protects the baby from harmful UV rays, and the non-sticky formula absorbs quickly into the skin. Neutrogena Baby lotion has been dermatologically tested and is safe to use on all skin types.
- Only baby lotion with sunblock protection
- Made from natural ingredients
- Protects against UV rays
Dabur, a more than 138-year-old company, has achieved immense popularity among its Indian customers. With its roots in ayurvedic medicine practices, Dabur manufactures ayurvedic products that are healthy and free of chemicals.
The Dabur baby lotion is made from natural extracts like Aloe Vera, licorice, almonds, winter cherry and more., Dabur baby lotion ensures that the baby’s skin stays smooth and supple throughout the day. The hypoallergenic emulsion is dermatologically tested to ensure it is safe for sensitive skin and is free from parabens, mineral oils, and harsh preservatives.
- Made from Ayurvedic Ingredients
- Balanced pH 5.5 level
- Free of parabens, artificial colours and phthalate
Organic ingredients like apricot, rice bran, and jojoba make this natural baby lotion rich in antioxidants. It protects, moisturizes, and nurtures a baby’s skin and maintains the natural pH balance of the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce dryness and skin irritation.
The Moms co-baby lotion is made with cocoa and shea butter and provides skin with a moisturizing effect that keeps it soft and smooth. Furthermore, it does not contain parabens, sulfates, or toxic chemicals, and it has been clinically tested and backed by Australian allergy certification.
- Natural pH balance
- Organic ingredients such as apricot, rice bran, and jojoba used
- Rich in shea & cocoa butter to soothe skin
- Free of mineral oil, sulphates, synthetic fragrance, etc
- Australian allergen certified
This Eucerin baby lotion contains Pro-Vitamin B5 and natural shea butter to hydrate and protect your infant’s delicate skin. It’s formulated to nourish and moisturize the skin without irritating the baby.
It has been clinically proven to calm and soothe a baby’s skin while preventing it from drying out and chaffing. The lightweight lotion is non-greasy and penetrates deeply to deliver long-lasting moisture. The Eucerin lotion is the #1 choice of dermatologists and is highly recommended by the Pediatricians.
- Dermatologically tested
- It contains panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)
- Highly recommended by dermatologists and Pediatricianss
- Slightly expensive
Goodness.me is formulated using organic ingredients and is India’s first vegan and cruelty-free baby lotion. The non-sticky 2-in-1 lotion can be used on the face and the body. The lotion has organic ingredients such as shea butter and aloe vera, which protect the baby’s skin and restores moisture.
The Goodness baby lotion is free of toxins and has balanced pH of 5.5. Look no further if you’re looking for the Best Baby Lotion in India with certified organic ingredients.
- Made from certified organic products
- Beneficial for both regular and sensitive skin, pH of 5.5
- Cosmos Organic Certified (Gold standard of organic certification)
- Strong fragrance
BabynU is an FDA-approved baby lotion filled with the goodness of ten natural ingredients to replenish and hydrate a baby’s skin. This baby lotion is infused with vitamin E and aloe vera, which locks the moistures and ensures your baby’s skin stays soft and supple throughout the day.
The BabynU lotion profoundly nourishes the skin and relieves itching and skin chaffing. You can use this lotion to treat diaper rashes as it contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties and maintains 5.5 pH levels on the skin.
- Made from the finest natural ingredients
- FDA approved
- Improves complexion & skin texture
- One of the best skin whitening lotions for babies in India
- Free from SLES/SLS, silicones Parabens
- Slightly greasy (which eventually goes away).
MeeMee’s non-greasy baby lotion is rich in antioxidants. It contains chamomile and fruit extracts, which are great for replenishing moisture and protecting against rashes and inflammations. The lightweight formula absorbs quickly and gently soothes and softens the skin.
The Mee Mee baby lotion contains antioxidants which protect the skin from diaper rashes and redness. The hypoallergenic lotion has been clinically tested and approved by the leading dermatologist, does not contain parabens, and is safe for babies’ delicate skin.
- Natural moisturizer
- Absorbs easily
- Suitable for newborn babies
- It contains methylparaben, alcohol and glycerine.
Which Ingredients to Avoid in Baby Lotions?
- Parabens – Theyare used to increase product shelf life and stop the growth of bacteria and fungus. Parabens can cause cancer.
- Fragrances – It is best to use baby lotions with synthetic fragrances as they can cause an allergic reaction in adults and children.
- Phthalates – They are stabilizers, lubricants and binding agents which can cause cancer and increase the risk of miscarriage in women. Don’t buy products with DINP, DIDP, or DEHP ingredients.
- Propylene Glycol (PEGs) – Can affect the central nervous system, cardiac arrhythmia and cancer.
- Sulphates – They give soaps and shampoos a foamy texture. Avoid products containing SLS & SLES.
How to Choose the Right Baby lotion in India?
- Allergens: Choosing hypoallergic lotion can save your baby from skin irritation and rashes as infants have 30% more sensitive skin than adults.
- pH balanced lotions: A pH neutral or pH5.5 is ideal for an infant’s skin. Products with pH 5.5 are generally considered safe; use products that mention correct pH values.
- Packing type: The bottle size will depend on whether it is used at home or on the go. It is easy to carry a small bottle can be a great companion while travelling, whereas a big size bottle can be economical. It is essential to choose a suitable dispenser according to your needs; you can select a pump or pouring bottle that suits your needs.
- Price: Baby lotions that are high-quality and made with organic ingredients are generally expensive. Check online stores for deals and discounts, or buy during the festival season for more discounts.
Safety and precautions
- For babies younger than six months old, it is recommended to keep the amount of sunscreen to a minimum and use only a small portion when shading and appropriate clothes are unavailable.
- Apply the lotion to the baby’s skin in a way that it doesn’t get into their eyes or mouth.
- Beware of applying lotion on broken or bleeding areas of skin.
- Baby lotion is not a replacement treatment for eczema or other skin disorders. Talk to a physician about the safe treatment of skin problems in infants.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the Difference between Baby Cream and Baby Lotions?
Lotions are semi-solid and runny, whereas creams tend to be thicker in consistency. Lotions are recommended for people with normal or oily skin as they provide essential moisturization. Creams, however, offer an enhanced moisturization for people with dry skin.
Do babies need lotions?
Absolutely! Babies have sensitive skin, which is prone to dryness and moisture loss. At the same time, dry skin can lead to irritation and rashes, which can be troublesome. To avoid this problem, use skin lotion to moisturize the baby’s skin.
Can I apply a moisturizing cream to my baby’s skin?
Baby’s skin has natural moisturizers, so you don’t need to apply lotion. However, if the baby’s skin becomes dry, you can use pH-neutral baby lotion.
Which baby lotion is best for winter?
Aveeno baby lotion is the best baby lotion for winter in India because it deeply moisturizes the skin and retains moisture throughout the day!
The best baby lotion for your infant is the one that moisturizes the skin without irritation. Always read the ingredients list before buying; that will help you avoid baby lotion with harmful substances and skin allergies. Your Pediatricians can help you choose the right baby lotion to ensure safe and regular use.