About: What To Eat After Abortion for Fast Recovery?
If you are a woman who is pregnant, to feel the beginning of a new life in your body is an amazing experience. Unfortunately, in some cases, these moments don’t start or end well. No matter what precautions we take, things can go wrong in the heat of the moment.
Abortions can be painful, but they do happen, and we hardly have anything to say in such situations. In some occurrences, one is compelled to make a decision about abortion because it might be the only option.
No matter what reason, abortions can be very exhausting and nerve-resetting. The entire body and mind are affected, as well as the spirit. Coming out of such situations can take time and lots of patience to completely heal physically and mentally.
Hence today, we will be discussing the important topic of abortion. What To Eat After Abortion for Fast Recovery? Do’s and don’t after miscarriage?
Reasons that lead to abortion or miscarriage?
- Many miscarriages can be linked to certain health conditions of the mother. There are high chances of miscarriage if she has diabetes or is suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Hormonal imbalances can lead to abortions. Miscarriage can also be caused by hormonal changes if the uterine line isn’t properly formed for implantation and proper development of the fetus. The development of the uterine line is affected by the prolactin light.
- Uterine fibroids can lead to abortions.
- Abortion is a leading cause due to lifestyle choices. They can be caused by a lot of junk food, alcohol, and cigarette smoking.
- Lifestyle choices such as having a lot of junk food, alcohol, and cigarette smoking can lead to abortion.
Also Read: 10 Best Gynaecologist in Patna
What helps you heal faster after an abortion?
- Post-abortion recovery is a complex process requiring us to be aware of a few things as the situation can differ for every woman. After an abortion, if you’re waiting for your period and are wondering why it hasn’t returned, then don’t worry. Although it may take some time, it will be back once the body has recovered from the abortion damage. In some cases, it takes between a few days and six weeks for the bleeding to stop. Hence, stop being anxious, stay calm, and allow your body to do its job, as stress can also delay the process.
- Secondly, determine the reason for the abortion. In case it is related to your thyroid or uterus, get yourself checked thoroughly. And before you attempt to conceive again, consult your gynaecologist.
- Lastly, for faster recovery, proper rest is key. Additionally, you can also recover at a faster pace by eating healthy foods and essential nutrients.
Do and don’t after abortion?
As previously discussed, every woman and her body are distinctive. Hence, the time it takes for them to heal can also vary. Talk to your doctor before you attempt to conceive again.
- For a few weeks, it would be wise to refrain from arduous exercise. That could lead to an increase in bleeding. To calm yourself, you can continue to practice mild breathing exercises and meditation.
- Avoid using tampons to stop bleeding after an abortion, as it can cause further complications.
- Although it is quite common to develop a mild fever following surgery, one should still be very careful as you can also get a fever due to infections. Hence, religiously follow the prescribed medication by your gynaecologist.
- To relieve pain and cramps, one can massage the abdomen and back gently. You can also use a hot water bag or heating pad to relieve pain.
- Don’t rush to get back to work, as resting during this phase will determine your chances of a healthy pregnancy next time around.
What To Eat After Abortion for Fast Recovery?
- Calcium – Pregnancy can cause a drop in calcium levels in females. Therefore, it is vital to include calcium-rich foods in your diet even if the pregnancy may be over, as fluctuating calcium levels will still exist. It would be best if you ate plenty of leafy vegetables, bananas, pineapple, oranges, and other citrus-rich foods.
- Iron and folate-rich foods – Many women feel weak and anaemic after an abortion due to blood loss. Iron and folic acid-rich foods are essential for maintaining the haemoglobin level and decreasing anaemia symptoms. Include fish like salmon and sardines in your diet. You can also add Iron-rich foods to your diet, such as spinach, parsley, and other leafy greens.
- Magnesium– According to research, women who have lost a pregnancy after an abortion experience depression. In almost all cases of depression, low levels of magnesium were found. In order to attain proper magnesium levels, you can include green leafy vegetables, lentils, pulses, and brown rice in your diet.
Also Read: 6 Best Maternity Pads After Abortion
Which foods to include in Indian diet after abortion?
The Indian diet post-pregnancy or abortion focuses on strengthening bones and improving the woman’s overall health. This list includes the age-old diet recommended by grandmothers.
- Urad dal or black gram (Kaala Chana) – They are extremely important for bone strengthening and aid in calcium retention and post-abortion recovery. You can include them in your diet along with other vegetables.
- Kabuli Chana or Chole – One of the most popular foods in north India, they are rich in iron and protein and are delicious and healthy.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a traditional Indian spice that has natural anti-inflammatory properties. We have used it for ages to treat small bruises and major internal injuries. Moreover, it is also beneficial in treating depression.
- Dry fruits – The dry fruits, which include almonds, cashews, pistachio, raisins, etc., contain a good amount of calcium, iron, and folic acid, which are great for post-abortion recovery.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How many days will it take to recover after abortion?
The complete recovery process from an abortion can take anywhere from a few days to six weeks.
While the body may heal quicker, mental trauma suffered by a woman during all of this might take longer. It is important to be there for your loved ones who are experiencing it. You never know what someone is going through until you listen to them. No matter what the reason for abortion, natural or not, keep a positive outlook, and all will be well.