About: 6 Best Formula Milk for Babies 6-12 Months in India
There are plenty of Infant milk formula brands that are widely available in the market; most of them claim to be the best formula milk for babies 6-12 months but are they suitable for your baby?
While most doctors recommend mothers to use baby milk formula based on cow’s milk along with breastfeeding, as the protein content, as well as the supplementary nutrients in the milk, are appropriate for the baby’s overall development.
Generally, baby milk formula based on cow’s-milk is suggested for infants who aren’t breastfed and infants who have been mostly or entirely weaned from breastfeeding.
In case your child is sensitive to cow’s milk or whey products, then opt for a formula made of soy. Moreover, there are numerous gluten-free and organic formula milk powders that are available in the market from which you can choose.
Without a doubt, breast milk is the ultimate food your baby can have, as it contains vital minerals, proteins, and necessary carbs for the baby’s development; hence it is essential for every mom to continue to nurse their baby up to 12 months.
But, due to various factors such as lower milk production in mothers, health issues or if you’re a working mom, breastfeeding isn’t always possible. In order to overcome these issues, you can choose from the best formula milk for baby 6-12 months in India.
Best Formula Milk for Babies 6-12 Months in India
The infant milk formula has been around for many years, but recently due to paediatrician recommendations and awareness among parents, this product has become a rage in India. Previously, mothers used to feed babies with cow’s or goat milk, but as more parents become aware of formula milk’s advantages, their demand has increased tremendously.
Choosing the best baby milk powder isn’t straightforward, but with the correct details, you can make an informed decision on the best option for your baby. As mentioned earlier, if your child suffers from cow milk or whey-based product allergy, it is best to consult a paediatrician before opting for soy-based milk formula. We have shortlisted the best-selling baby milk formula, which mothers swear and are highly rated on Amazon.
Similac Advance Follow-Up infant formula milk by Abbott is curated for babies aged 6 to 12 months. It contains vital vitamins, fatty acids, and minerals such as Iron and Calcium that are necessary for the development of the child.
In addition, Similac Advance infant formula contains essential ingredients like Choline, Taurine, Iron, Iodine, Zinc, Folic acid, Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids and more, which are beneficial for the development of the brain. It also has a mix and level of nucleotides, which are beneficial for the infant’s immune system.
The Similac Advance infant formula is easy to digest and gluten-free, which makes it perfect for children with food intolerance. Moreover, Similac advance is curated to closely mimic breast milk, thus making it an ideal baby food product.
- Essential for both mental and physical development
- Similac Advance stage 2 helps to build the immune system.
- It comes packed with essential nutrients that are comparable to breast milk.
- Easy to digest
- 100% vegetarian
- Leftover food must be disposed of.
Enfamil is a well-respected baby milk formula brand which has been in the market for decades. The spray-dried formula is designed for babies between 6 and 12 months. It contains essential nutrients such as calcium, iron and vitamin D, which act as a building block for infants’ overall development.
The Enfamil A+ stage 2 infant formula includes probiotics to support the metabolic health of your infant. In addition, it comes packed with nutrients that assist in healthy growth and promotes healthy growth among babies during this crucial phase of their life.
Furthermore, Enfamil A+ Stage 2 isn’t difficult to digest, making it an ideal option for babies who are susceptible to colic and gas. Additionally, the formula has been scientifically proven to help in babies’ brain development; therefore, you can feel sure that you’re feeding your baby the right formula to enable them to reach their maximum potential.
- The most trusted brand for baby food supplies
- It comes packed with essential nutrients
- Boost memory and brain development
- Spray dried formula
- Fast and easy to prepare
- Slightly expensive
The Nestle Lactogen milk powder formula for babies is among India’s most sought-after milk powders. It is curated explicitly for infants between 6 and 12 months and is a fantastic source of essential nutrients such as Calcium, vitamin D and protein. It also has probiotics that can aid in maintaining your baby’s digestive health.
Nestle Lactogen 2 includes nucleotides in its formula that help develop and grow the baby’s cells. Moreover, nucleotides also help enhance the immune system and help safeguard your baby from illness.
Suppose your child is allergic to milk or whey proteins. In that case, you can bet on Nestle lactogen milk powder as a good alternative, as it is specifically designed to mimic human milk, which is essential for the development of infants.
- It contains all the vital nutrients
- 100% Vegetarian
- Ideal for infants aged 6 to 12 months
- One of the best-sellers in its category
Also Read: 6 Best Baby Soap for Fairness in India 2024
Farex is one of the most renowned names in the baby milk formula domain and is manufactured by the French multinational food company Danone. Farex infant food is designed to support a baby’s delicate digestive system by using Nucleotides and Zinc, which also helps in improving immunity.
Moreover, Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids aid in the improvement of cognitive function and brain development. Danone, a reputable global food corporation, primarily focuses on providing the highest quality nutritional supplements for all stages of life and offers India-specific products.
- It contains PRECI CUP, which is helpful in the feed preparation of the supplement
- The product is beneficial for increasing the development and immune system
- 100% lactose help support good bacteria
- Mainly designed for Indian infants
- The baby may end up spitting the infant formula due to the bland flavour.
Nestle Nan Pro 2 is an infant formula made of milk containing vitamins A, C, and D, probiotics, prebiotics, and nucleotides. It is rich in essential nutrients such as Calcium and protein, which are vital to infants’ growth and development.
The Nestle Nan Pro 2 is simple to digest and is soothing on the baby’s stomach, making it an excellent option for babies with sensitive stomachs. In addition, the baby milk formula has a subtle taste and smell and comes in appropriate packing.
At the end, whichever baby milk formula you choose is entirely based on individual preference. Nevertheless, many parents have found the Nestle Nan Pro Stage 2 useful, providing the perfect balance of nutrition and convenience.
- Spray dried formula with DHA-ARA
- It contains Calcium along with essential vitamins
- It comes blended with preservatives.
- It contains vital fatty acids.
- Easy to prepare
The last in the list of the best formula milk for babies 6-12 months in India is from Danone. Dexolac Nutricia Stage 2 is specifically designed to help infants grow in the age group of 6 months to 12 months. It is specifically developed to support infants’ mental and physical development and is a good source of nutrients similar to a mother’s milk.
Additionally, it has magnesium, omega-3, and Calcium that aid in the development of bones. Dexolac Nutricia Stage 2 also contains Choline, Iodine, and Omega-6 fatty acids to support an infant’s brain and eye development.
Moreover, Dexolac Stage 2 is lactose-free, making it an ideal choice for infants suffering from cow’s milk allergies. This baby milk formula is most effective for underweight babies. You won’t feel remorse if you go for this infant milk formula.
- It contains Iron which negates the chases of anaemia in babies.
- It contains all the essential nutrients that support a child’s physical and mental development.
- It helps to build strong bones and a robust immune and digestive system.
- The natural formula includes Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, sodium, and vitamin D.
- Reasonably priced
- The feed can be sticky at times and requires time to dissolve.
Also Read: 8 Best Baby Diapers in India 2024
How to Prepare Baby Milk formula?
It is essential to prepare the baby food correctly by following the directions on the packaging. To make things easy for you, kindly follow the step-by-step procedure given below.
- Wash your hands before you start preparing the baby milk powder
- Use sterilized utensils and maintain proper hygiene
- Follow the instructions on the packaging and use the scoop provided by the manufacturer to take the exact amount of milk powder.
- Refer to the chart on the back side of the baby milk formula and boil an adequate amount of water.
- Add the infant milk powder into the water and mix it well until all lumps are dissolved.
- Use a sterilized feeding bottle or an empty spoon to feed the infant.
Types of Infant Milk Formula
In the Indian markets, you can find the following types of baby milk powder.
- Cow’s milk Based Formula – This is the most popular infant milk formula which has cow’s milk as the main ingredient. It is simple for babies to digest and gentle on your baby’s tummy. Most infants love this formula as it has a gentle taste and smell.
- Soya-based – This formula milk is made from soya protein. They are beneficial for children with allergies to cow’s milk or whey protein-based milk powder.
- Lactose-Free – If your baby is sensitive to lactose, then you should opt for formula milk free of lactose. Doctors may suggest you buy him soya or any other formula where an alternative sugar, such as corn syrup, substitutes for lactose.
As you can see, plenty of milk powder brands are available in the market for 6 to 12 months old babies. While choosing the best formula milk for your baby, you should look for a formula with low levels of lactose, as the build-up of lactose attracts water which produces watery faeces (poo), causing diarrhoea.
Additionally, it would be best to look for milk formula blended with vital minerals and vitamins. We have already mentioned above the best formula milk for babies 6-12 months in India which include Nestle, Similac, Aptamil and so on. The infant milk powders come with directions to use, which are generally located on the back side of the packaging, making it simple for mothers to prepare the feed.
As with any baby food product, you should consult your paediatrician before selecting any infant milk formula. We hope that with this information, parents can make an informed decision on the best formula milk for their baby. If you have any queries or suggestions related to this topic, please feel free to comment below.