About: 10 Best Baby Shampoo in India for Natural Hair Growth
A good shampoo is not only essential to protect babies’ delicate hair and scalp, but it also helps to prevent the tangling of baby hair. It’s necessary to supply essential proteins and nutrients to the baby’s scalp in order to keep the baby’s hair healthy and soft.
With a plethora of options available in the market, choosing a baby shampoo can be confusing and, at times, overwhelming. To overcome this problem, I’ve listed below the best baby shampoo in India, along with its ingredients, in order to assist you in picking the right one for your baby. Keep reading further.
10 Best Baby Shampoo in India for Natural Hair Growth
Johnson’s Baby No More Tears Shampoo
Johnson & Johnson is a renowned brand known for its baby products. This shampoo is mild and gentle, making your baby’s hair soft, shiny, and manageable. The non-tears formula shampoo doesn’t irritate or hurt the baby’s eyes.
Johnson’s baby shampoo promotes natural hair growth and is totally trustworthy as it is clinically tested and free of harmful chemicals. The baby shampoo gently cleanses the hair and the scalp and doesn’t trigger any allergic reactions.
- Free of parabens
- Gently cleans the dirt.
- Dermatologically approved
- Mild scent
- It may take a while to clean off the oil.
Value for money: 4.8/5
Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo
This shampoo is ideal for infants as it helps to gently cleanse their hair and also their delicate skin. The Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo contains natural oat extracts that soothe and nourishes the baby’s skin and prevents skin from drying out.
The shampoo uses a no-tears formula making it easy and safe to use. You can use the shampoo regularly to ensure that your baby’s skin and hair remain healthy and smooth throughout the day. It is recommended by leading paediatricians and approved by mothers.
- Soothes the skin and prevents drying out
- Offers rich lather
- Recommended by leading paediatricians
- Suitable for regular use
Value for money: 5/5
Also Read: Muskmelon During Pregnancy | Risks Benefits and How to Eat?
Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo
Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo is an excellent choice for your baby because it cleanses, nourishes and softens your baby’s hair with ease. It is formulated using useful ingredients such as chickpeas, that is rich in proteins and keep the hair strong and healthy, along with hibiscus, which acts as a natural hair conditioner and keeps the baby’s hair soft and smooth along with khus-khus that soothes the baby’s scalp with their antibacterial and antifungal properties.
All these ingredients make Himalaya gentle baby shampoo absolutely safe for your baby as it cleanses and moisturizes the baby’s scalp and leaves behind a mild scent.
- No-tears formula
- Maintains pH levels
- Free of SLS, parabens and synthetic colours
- Has anti-dandruff properties
Value for money: 4.7/5
Mee Mee Mild Baby Shampoo
The next product on the list of the best baby shampoo in India is from Mee Mee. This shampoo contains natural grapefruit extracts that nourish and hold the natural oils that are present in the infant’s scalp, thus, preventing dryness and hair loss.
The non-tear formula that is incorporated into this shampoo ensures that the bath is safe and enjoyable for babies. Furthermore, it has an excellent safety rating that allows moms to trust and rely on this product. With balanced pH and dermatologically approved formula, you can’t go wrong by choosing Mee Mee baby shampoo for your little one.
- It contains natural grapefruit extracts.
- It makes baby’s hair smooth and promoteshealthy.
- Nourishes the scalp
- Safe and suitable for infants
- Heavily perfumed baby shampoo.
Value for money: 4.0/5
Sebamed Baby Shampoo
In India, Sebamed baby shampoos are imported from Germany. They contain chamomile extracts along with botanical ingredients that prevent allergies and gently clean the baby’s scalp without irritation.
The shampoo formulation is lab tested and is perfect for the delicate and sensitive slap of the newborn baby. The Sebamed shampoo has pH 5.5 levels that hydrate and strengthens the scalp for natural hair growth.
- Dermatologically proven
- Free of SLS, parabens and alkalis
- Hydrates baby’s scalp
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Slightly expensive
Value for money: 3.9/5
Cetaphil Baby Shampoo
The Cetaphil baby shampoo makes the hair smoother and also nourishes the baby’s scalp without irritating the skin. It contains natural ingredients that promote natural hair growth in babies. Additionally, it also helps in hair nourishment without causing dryness or damage and includes a no-tear formulation that prevents eye irritation.
Moreover, the Cetaphil baby shampoo is free of alcohol and parabens and helps to keep the baby healthy and active throughout the day. With no harmful chemicals and a dermatologically tested formula, it is no wonder that it is rated among the best chemical-free baby shampoo in India.
- Keeps baby’s hair soft and silky
- It moisturizes and soothes the baby’s scalp.
- Prevents dryness and flaky skin
- Free of SLS, parabens and dyes
- Very mild scent
Value for money: 3.7/5
Also Read: Best Breast Pumps in India [Manual + Electric]
Baby Dove Rich Moisture Shampoo
Dove has curated this baby shampoo by keeping the baby’s delicate scalp in mind. It contains moisture cream that maintains moisture levels and stops skin flaking and dryness. It’s not just a great source of moisture but also shields your baby’s hair.
Its features, like the tear-free formulation and 5.5 pH levels, and hypoallergenic, making this shampoo a great option for infants.
- The ophthalmologist, dermatologist, and Paediatrician tested
- Free of Sulphates, Phthalates and Parabens
- Cleanser scalp thoroughly
- Subtle fragrance
- Recommended for regular use
- Can tangle your baby’s hair
Value for money: 4.1/5
Mothercare All we know baby shampoo
Mothercare products show similar care and affection for your baby as a mother does. Mothercare shampoo is made with the finest organic ingredients, such as olive oil and chamomile. The shampoo guarantees to make your baby’s hair soft, cleansed, and silky.
Moreover, olive oil helps to strengthen the baby’s hair scalp for natural hair growth, and chamomile relieves any irritation in the hair. It doesn’t cause any allergic reaction in the baby.
- Dermatologically tested
- Made from the goodness of olive oil and chamomile
- Efficiently removes oil
- Free of Parabens and artificial fragrance
- Suitable for daily use
- Available on online platforms only
Value for money: 3.7/5
Biotique Bio Green Apple Tearproof Baby Shampoo
Made from the natural extracts of green apples, sea algae and Centella, Biotique baby shampoo is perfect for your little one. The ingredients present in the formulation assist in cleaning the hair and prevents your baby’s scalp from getting flaky and dry.
Furthermore, the apple extracts help in soothing your baby’s delicate scalp and make it easy to rinse the dirt and excess oil from the hair, giving your baby a refreshing look.
- Balanced pH level
- Mild fragrance
- It prevents the scalp from getting dry and flaky.
- No tears formula
- Unsuitable for dry hair
Value for money: 3.5/5
The Moms Co. Natural Baby Shampoo
The last product on the list of the best baby shampoo in India is from The Moms Co. This shampoo incorporates organic USDA-certified oils (argan oil and moringa) and vitamin B5 to help to moisturize and nourish your baby’s hair.
The Moms Co. Natural Baby Shampoo guarantees to supply all the protein needed for hair during the first three years of a baby’s existence. Moreover, it also has coconut oil, which helps make your baby’s hair strong, healthy, and velvety.
- Made of natural ingredients such as argan oil, moringa oil & coconut cleansers
- Free of SLS, SLES, harmful chemicals and synthetic colours
- Doesn’t irritate eyes
- Available only on online platforms
Value for money: 3.5/5
Also Read: 6 Best Formula Milk for Babies 6-12 Months in India
How To Choose the Best Baby Shampoo?
You should consider the following things before buying baby shampoo.
- Hypoallergic: Infants have a sensitive scalp. Therefore, choose hypoallergenic shampoos since they are gentle and don’t cause skin irritation, inflammation or allergic reactions.
- Organic ingredients: Always look for a shampoo that is plant-based or made from natural extracts. As harmful chemicals or synthetic colours can cause skin irritation to a baby’s delicate skin, hence it’s best to opt for organic shampoos.
- Tear-Free: Tear-free shampoo is the ideal choice for babies because babies will inevitably squirm, and shampoo might get into their eyes, causing irritation.
- Fragrance: Stay clear of baby products with synthetic fragrances, parabens, SLS, etc. As they could trigger allergic reactions or choking among infants. Look for products without fragrances or search for items with natural fragrances.
It is best to buy organic products for your baby as they do not contain harmful preservatives, chemicals or dyes, which can cause irreparable damage to the baby’s sensitive skin.
All the products mentioned above are excellent and proven products. If you are looking for the best product among them, I recommend you go you Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo, as it contains natural oats extracts that soothe the baby’s skin and prevent the scalp from drying out.
If you wish to try other products, consider the abovementioned points before buying. So, that concludes the 10 Best Baby Shampoo in India for Natural Hair Growth for your little one. Please let us know which baby shampoo you use for your baby by commenting below. Happy parenting!