About: 5 Best Pregnancy Pillows in India for Maximum Comfort
Sleep during pregnancy is vital, yet difficult. It’s because the body changes that occur during the first trimester along with recurrent toilet trips make you feel restless. In order to overcome these factors, you need a pregnancy/ maternity pillow that is specifically made to provide support to your body.
Pregnancy pillows are unique shaped pillows that provide great comfort, they come in different shapes and sizes and provide additional support to the affected areas, and stop you from rolling over to your belly accidentally during sleep.
In this post, I’ve listed the best pregnancy pillows you can buy online along with their benefits and types which will help you in choosing the correct product.
Do you really need a pregnancy pillow?
A pregnancy pillow has numerous benefits, besides helping you to sleep well during pregnancy.
Reduces pressure on the pelvis and lower back: As your tummy size increases it puts a lot of pressure on your hips, back and legs. A pregnancy pillow provides the needed comfort by positioning your body parts correctly.
Improves blood flow: Gynaecologists often advise you to lie in a side position during your pregnancy because it helps improve blood circulation. Since the pregnancy pillow is extremely soft, it provides an extra level of support for sleeping on your side with the bulge.
Comfortable Sleep: Sleep deprivation can cause negative effects on your body; hence using a pregnancy pillow provides the necessary support to help you rest for a longer period of time.
Post-pregnancy comfort: A pregnancy pillow allows you to enjoy the post-delivery period as it can be utilized as a backrest while feeding your infant. So, no more post-pregnancy complaints!
Pregnancy Pillow Types
There are several types of pregnancy pillows available in the market which you can choose according to your sleeping pattern and stage of your pregnancy.
C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
A c-shaped maternity pillow allows you to sleep on one side. It supports your head, spine, lower back, and your belly, sleeping on your side reduces the chances of getting back pain as you can position the pillow curve between your legs and align your hips. Additionally, the C-shaped pillow also lowers the chance of getting cervical pain.
U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
U-shaped maternity pillows are useful for those sleeping on their back. Although, sleeping on your back is not recommended during pregnancy. The pillows are designed to support your entire body including the belly and the back. It is recommended to place your head on top of the pillow and then spread your legs apart for comfortable sleep.
Wedge Pregnancy Pillow
Wedge pregnancy pillows are designed to support a particular area, such as the back, belly, or lower back when seated. These pillows allow you to rest in a comfortable position on your side or back and arrest your body from rolling over.
It can also be used as a normal pillow to keep your upper body aligned during sleep, furthermore, they’re extremely easy to carry and are multipurpose pillows that can also be used as backrests during travel.
Side Sleeper Pillows
Side Sleeper Pillows or Straight Pillows are smaller in size when compared to C or U-shaped pillows. Due to their size, they are easy to handle during the night and can be easily placed at the required place. But Side Sleeper pillows are not as convenient as the C or U-shaped pregnancy pillows due to their length and straight design.
5 Best Pregnancy Pillows in India
The 1st product on our list of Best Pregnancy Pillows in India is COOZLY Premium C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow. It is essential to receive the pampering and relaxation you desire throughout pregnancy. Coozly Pregnancy Pillow is designed to give you that peace when you sleep.
The pillow is available in plenty of colour options which you can easily select, it is crafted with Pregnocare fibers inside along with cotton covering on the outside. The Coozly pregnancy pillow is a single solution to your multiple problems as it supports the lower back, belly, and pelvis and reduces the necessity of using multiple pillows at once.
Furthermore, the pillow is perfect for women who prefer to sleep on their sides. The pillow is designed according to international norms which relieves pressure and helps in ensuring a night of peaceful sleep. The pillow can be used during pregnancy for sleeping, reading, watching TV, and for post-pregnancy feeding.
- Made of 100% high-quality stretchable cotton with a removable cover
- Coozly pillow offers perfect side support for side-sleepers
- Provides ideal belly, leg, and lower back support
- Doesn’t contain harmful elements such as Lead, latex, and BPA
- The pillow can shrink after frequent use
The next on our list of Best Pregnancy Pillows in India is Angle Mommy Premium Pregnancy U Shaped Pillow which is designed to give you an enjoyable sleeping experience. You can use it on the bed for sitting, leg support as well as feeding your baby post-pregnancy.
The pillow comes in twelve different colours and is manufactured using premium soft and feather-light materials that retain its shape after use. The lightweight frame ensures moving the pillow isn’t difficult for pregnant moms.
The main feature of the U-shaped Pillow is to keep your head, neck, shoulders, and hips aligned during sleep. If you’re looking for the best u shaped pregnancy pillow in India then you can put your money on Angle pregnancy pillow without any hesitation.
- Helps to keep an ideal sleeping posture
- Stops rolling over during sleep onto your tummy
- Perfect for left-side sleepers
- Fluffy and lightweight with zero pressure
- Comes with a washable, zipper cotton cover.
The 3rd product on our list of Best Pregnancy Pillows in India is the White Willow Pregnancy Pillow. The maternity pillow is designed from medical-grade-high-resilience foam, due to its unique design it relieves back pain in pregnant women and it is easy to sit anywhere thanks to the wedge cushion’s support.
The Wedge Pillow is perfect for coping with aches and pains with your growing bellies and sore bodies. The maternity pillow aids in supporting the baby bump and allows you to sleep on your side and get sufficient night’s sleep which is essential for the pregnant mother.
- Prevents swelling of the legs, hands and feet
- Encourages side sleep
- Provides relaxation in all trimester
- Hypoallergic and dust resistant
- Easy to use
- Can be steep for some users
The 4th product on our list of Best Pregnancy Pillows in India is Tishnagi flexible maternity pillow that provides maximum comfort to women who are pregnant as well as stomach and side sleepers. The soft yet durable pillow is mixed with microfiber that can be adjusted depending on your sleeping position.
The maternity pillow comes with seven colour options and has dimensions of 20 x 54 inches. Crafted using premium high-quality fibers, this pillow covers your entire body length.
The Side Sleeper pillow has a perfect length that allows you to wrap it around your legs, additionally, you can use this pillow as a headrest when lying on your back. The cotton fabric material ensures there is more breathability and comfort stretch which allows the pillow to self-adjust to you.
- Made with breathable and stretchable cotton fabric
- Provides proper orthopedic support
- Dust Resistant
- Mixed reviews on durability
Last but not least on our list of Best Pregnancy Pillows in India is Mom’s Moon 2nd Generation Pregnancy Pillow which can ease anxiety while you sleep. It provides unrestricted support to the body thanks to its contoured shape.
The U-shaped maternity pillow gives the necessary comfort during the night and stops your body from rolling onto your belly or back. It’s available in a range of ten colours and is suitable for watching TV, reading or working on your laptop apart from sleeping.
- Made from Hypoallergenic, breathable, and sweat-absorbent material
- Provides excellent support and assists to maintain a good sleeping position
- Provides head-to-toe support in order to prevent you from rolling during sleep
- Machine washable cover
- Stitching isn’t great
How To Choose the Best Pregnancy Pillows in India?
Here are a few pointers to selecting the best pregnancy pillow for maximum comfort.
- Shape and Size: The first question that comes to mind when choosing a pregnancy pillow is what shape and size is best for you. Some pillows are made to support the entire body, while others are designed to bolster specific parts of the body. The shape and size of your pregnancy pillow depend on your specific needs and preference. A full-body pillow is best for women with shorter torsos and shorter legs. Some pillows are also shorter than average, which is why you may need to purchase an extra-long one.
- Hypoallergic and Washable Cover: You should consider buying hypoallergenic pillows if you suffer from asthma or dust allergies. They could shield you from allergic reactions and dust mites. Additionally, you should consider buying a pillow with a washable cover as hygiene must be your top priority during pregnancy. Also, during the last trimester, you will seat excessively hence having a washable cover can come in handy.
- Durability: Determine if the product is sturdy enough by looking at the specifications and customer reviews. Most pregnancy pillows are enduring and can be used for breastfeeding post-pregnancy.
- Cost: It isn’t always true that costly products are the best, hence while buying the best pregnancy pillow you should consider the comfort and durability of the product. Also, don’t end up buying dirt-cheap products as they need to be replaced due to their poor quality.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are Pregnancy Pillows washable?
Yes! The majority of pregnancy pillows can be washed in the machine. When washing them, place the machine in a delicate mode and use mild detergent along with cold water.
Do pregnancy pillows prevent accidental rollovers?
Absolutely! In fact, one of the main features of the pregnancy pillow is to arrest the rollover during sleep apart.
When you should start using a pregnancy pillow?
As a rule of thumb, the protruding belly starts to show from the 20th week onwards. During that period, you may start experiencing body aches and discomfort. To overcome this problem, you can start using a pregnancy pillow.
What to consider when buying a pregnancy pillow?
When shopping for a pregnancy pillow, you should consider the following factors:
Pregnancy can be tough for many first-timers, during that period your main focus should be getting enough sleep and resting. While discomfort and body aches are part and parcel of pregnancy, you can overcome these problems with the help of pregnancy pillows. They can assist you in getting good sleep and relieve any discomfort in your lower back and legs.
For all new mothers, I would highly recommend using a pregnancy pillow. I have personally used the Coozly pillow during my first trimester and used it until my post-pregnancy stage. If you are looking for the best U shaped pregnancy pillow in India then I’d definitely recommend Angle Mommy U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow, which you can buy on Amazon and you can track your parcel with TBA delivery tracking.
So, that concludes the 5 Best Pregnancy Pillows in India topic. Do let me know your thoughts by commenting below. I’d love to know which pregnancy pillows you’ve used along with your feedback.